Sunday, February 19, 2017

Rub-a-Dub

The other night, Ryan and I were trying to remember the last time we had bathed the girls (minus Jane since she still gets a bath like 2-3 times a day due to her messy eating habits), and trying to decide if we really wanted to bathe them that night or not. Neither of us was feeling ecstatic about bathing them, so I told the girls that we could take one the next morning. I even through out the idea of doing paints and shaving cream in the tub to ease their disappointment at not getting a bath right then.



And since Norah has a mind like an elephant, she remembered the second her eyes flew open the next morning. So after breakfast, I hauled a sticky Jane from her high chair into the bathroom to hang out in the tub for a minute while I pulled out the paint and shaving cream. Literally 30 seconds later, I came back in the bathroom and found Jane trying to pick up the poop that she had just expelled moments before. But it was a fairly quick clean up, and we got ready for the activity. I began filling the tub, and Norah and Lucy immediately began peeling off their clothes as if it was a competition. 




It wasn't until a few minutes in when I realized that Norah still had her underwear on! haha I guess she was a bit too hasty in her excitement and forgot to take them off. We both thought that was pretty funny.



Then, after the water became all foggy from the shaving cream, Norah showed me her little teacup with what looked like another poop pebble. I told her to wait for a second so I could toss it in the toilet, but upon hearing that it was most likely poop and not wanting anything to do with it, she did the most logical thing she could think of and dumped it straight back into the foggy water. After a few seconds of searching, I gave up and emptied the whole tub only to find another big treasure waiting at the bottom. sigh. 




Not wanting to end the fun so soon, I filled it back up again and pulled out the second can of shaving cream. Everyone was having fun again and I was testing out my new flash for my camera. 




But then Lucy ended it when she announced she too had pooped in the tub. siiiiigh. So down the water went once more. Of course, when it was empty, there was nothing there and Lucy explained that she was just being stinky and didn't actually poop after all. 





By this time, however, I was feeling not only tired, but guilty for filling and refilling the tub 2 times now. So I made sure to use lots of extra soap and scrub them a bit more meticulously than normal since, you know, we don't know when their next bath will be. ;)


PS. Ryan was tired of us all always stealing his towel to dry our feet (ha!), so he bought this bath mat and it has been a big hit. The girls like to just lay on it, so after their bath, they both cozied up and Lucy started scream-singing Article of Faith number 10 haha. I tried to record it, but by the time I pulled out my phone, they were finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment