Sunday, December 18, 2016

Gingerbread Houses!

My sister and I decided it was high time we got our fannies into gear and started up our long lost gingerbread-house-making tradition. She and I both made a few houses each beforehand and everyone came with candy to decorate.

Norah and Lucy helped me put together the gingerbread houses a few days before, and they were so antsy to meet at Holly and Greg's house for some candy and cousin fun!


All the kiddos got gingerbread men to decorate



Norah and Ella


Norah was so proud of her gingerbread man...


...and she knew exactly how she wanted it to go down.





I think all the kiddos had a great time decorating their cookies. Brittney and I both made four houses, but boy oh boy did hers outshine mine in every way! She said she and Dave spent nearly all day putting them together. 


Isn't it gorgeous? Mine didn't hold a candle to hers, but I felt bad that not everyone ended up even decorating so all that hard work was for naught.


Dad, Mom, Brooklyn.


This was my lovely version of a gingerbread house haha. I just boiled sugar to "glue" the walls all together, but as you can see I was struggling with that part.


We ran out of candy pretty darn fast, but everyone was creative and made their houses so pretty with what they had.



I had to cut off Norah and Lucy from their sugar intake so they played downstairs most of the time. We had such a great time with everyone, and even though I ended up throwing away our gingerbread house because I have no self control when it comes to candy and sweets, I am glad we started the tradition again....though I think we'll skip the houses next time and just stick to men. ;)


1 comment: