Saturday, November 26, 2016

Princess Norah Turns FOUR!

We celebrated our sweet Norah today in honor of her FOURTH birthday! This has been the strangest transition for me since four all of the sudden seems really old and she can't really pass for a baby anymore. :( I told her the other night that I wanted her to stay a baby forever and she said, "I'll just grow up and be your baby." :)


She has been looking forward to this birthday since November 27th of last year. haha! But really...it's been almost a constant conversation about her "'nother birthday". We didn't have a party for her last year due to the fact that I was blubbery crazy post partum Hannah, so we have been talking for MONTHS about what she wanted to do for her party this year. Of course, she decided on princesses, though she considered a Zootopia theme for a while. So I told her she can help me plan it this week for her party next Saturday. We were going to have family come, but decided to make it just a friend party instead, and I think it will be more fun for her that way. We will be doing all the fancy princess things like lipstick, and nail polish, and cucumber sandwiches haha.


Side note: Ryan's mom gave these boots to the girls a few months ago, and every time we go out of the house, without fail, these boots are walking out on a tiny pair of feet as well. They are good about sharing and take turns wearing them. When Norah decides to wear them, Lucy wears Norah's snow boots from last year.


Norah is such a kind and thoughtful girl. She is a great hostess when friends come over to play and is so good about sharing and making sure everyone is happy. She remembers that one of her friends really likes Winnie the Pooh, and so whenever she comes over, Norah is quick to pull out our Pooh bear and piglet stuffed animals for her to play with. It always makes me feel so proud. 


She loves watching movies, but she is starting to get better about letting me turn it off without whining, even if it's in the middle of the movie. Her favorites rotate, but she has really liked watching Cars 2 lately. 

She still naps every day for 1.5 to 2 hours and has been a champ sleeper since early on in life. She loves snuggling up with her special polka dot blankie and won't sleep without it. 


We've been learning to read, and sometimes I can tell she gets frustrated that she can't remember the sound of the letter very quickly so she will sigh and slump on the couch. I try to keep it positive and she usually jumps back in. She gets SO wiggly when we try to read and it sort of drives me batty, but she really enjoys it, especially when she blends the letters correctly. She'll shout out to Ryan in the other room after each word and tell him what she just said. It's adorable. 


She loves preschool, and her best friend is Gwen. She always tells me how she loves painting and I'm glad she gets to do it a lot while she's there. She knows how to write her name, but since we haven't gone over it in a while, she's a little rusty, though she wrote it today without any prompting!


She is getting so big and tall and her hair is growing long. I've been really debating whether I should cut her bangs again or not. I've been letting them grow out for a year now, but now I'm thinking of trimming them again. She said she doesn't care either way. 

I took Norah to Joann's with me yesterday to pick out fabric so I could make her a princess dress, but after choosing everything, I suddenly felt overwhelmed and asked her if we could just go to the store and pick out a dress that was already made instead. She was a little teary-eyed, but agreed. I really wanted to get/make her a princess dress for her birthday since all of ours are hand me downs that have been loved and worn to pieces. So we got to the store and chose a sleeping beauty dress, which she wore around most of the day today and paraded around for those who facetimed to say 'happy birthday'.

I really want to make a few princess dresses for Christmas for both of the girls, or at the very least get them some princess barbies. They are at such a fun age and they are both princess obsessed and I think the time frame will be way more manageable.


Last night, Ryan and I hung balloons from the kitchen ceiling, which blocked the top of the stairs, so she would have to walked through them when she woke in the morning. She thought it was pretty awesome when she saw them hanging there for her. 

It was a pretty low key day, but Norah seemed to have a fun time! We just hung out at home all morning and read lots of books. So after naps, we decided to go to McDonald's for ice cream cones and playing in the play place. 


Norah and Lucy were both so excited, especially when the ice cream cones were delivered!


I told Ryan to get kiddie cones, but he didn't realize there was a difference, so they got regular size cones, lucky ducks. 


I love this photo. Lucy looks like she is really enjoying that ice cream. haha!


Norah is a clean eater and was good about wiping her mouth if anything started to drip. By the time Lucy was done, it was down her arms and on her legs haha!


We let Jane try some. Here is how it went down:


Haha! She cringed and then laughed after every bite, it was actually fun to let her eat it. 

Lucy chowed down her whole cone faster than anyone. She was going so fast that she had eaten part of the cone wrapper before I noticed and could take it off for her.



Norah would eat her ice cream, then tell us to guard it for her (#lifewithsiblings) while she went to play for a few minutes before coming back to get another taste. 
There was another little boy playing there while we were there and Norah made sure to tell him it was her birthday and then asked him to come play with her. 



We came home and, per her request, had oatmeal for dinner. haha! Then Norah chose some books and we read until my eyes were droopy and my voice dozy. Before sending Norah down to her room, I had her come snuggle with me in bed and told her how much we loved her. 
Despite it being a pretty typical day for us, she said it was such a fun day and prompted Lucy in her prayer to say, "thankful we could have such a fun day!" :)

She is our easy going, princess loving four year old and now it's only 364 days left until her 'nother birthday'! ;)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Birthdays starting at 3 I think are the best. They just get so excited!
    And I wish I had your talent for sewing and making time for it. Good luck with Christmas presents. :)
    Happy birthday to your beautiful Norah! Those girls all have the PRETTIEST brown eyes. I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to take a second and say how darling that picture of Jane with the ice cream is. Maybe because our other kids are getting big, I just love her little baby face!

    Norah is FOUR? How can this be? You just had her! He hair is SO beautiful and long! I'd grow the bangs out, but that's just me. Happy Birthday cute girl! Can't wait to see her princess party!

    ReplyDelete