Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day Weekend has already been incredibly perfect. Friday night, Ryan and I got a babysitter and went to my niece and nephew's elementary school musical, The Wizard of Oz. We scavenged the car for change and paid the $2 fee. Let me tell you, It was worth every penny and makes me want to scrape up any videos (that haven't already been burned and buried) of my elementary/junior high/high school acting career. 

We then got to visit some good friends of ours, Judd and Celeste, for a couple of hours to just chat. I kept feeling tongue tied and realized all over again that I just don't know how to socialize anymore with anyone over the age of 3 haha. But it was so nice to get out of the house with my main squeeze and not have to worry about the girls. 

This morning, Ryan reassured me over and over again that he wanted me to get some extra rest while he took care of Norah and Lucy for the morning. I later woke up to them playing dress up and listening to princess music. What a good daddy.

I had mentioned to Ryan a few weeks earlier that I really wanted a box garden to plant a few vegetables, so I was surprised when he brought it up and offered to just build one for me! 

So we went to Home Depot for all the supplies. I walked into the deathtrap of the garden center (I wanted all the plants!) while Ryan grabbed the wood and hardware. I always forget my phone at the wrong time. One hour later, after playing "where is daddy?" we finally found each other again and headed home to make our very own garden!



Ryan built while I took pictures of the girls. 


Norah: "Umm that's not how you build a garden!"
Well excuse me, your highness!


I made the girls flower crowns from a flowering bush while Ryan slaved away. I grossly underestimated the amount of soil we would need which required another trip to Home Depot for him. Also, I probably need more plants too, it looks a bit scarce. The girls loved using measuring cups to help spread out the soil and I envisioned lots and lots of sun-warmed, home-grown fresh tomatoes to eat all summer long.


So grateful for this wonderful husband, who goes above and beyond to please me.
I'm also so grateful to celebrate this mother's day with all three of my babies. I love them so much and I'm so glad to call them mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment