Friday, May 27, 2016

All About Lucy

One month from today, this dimpled darling will be two! There are so many more things I could write about her, but it's already long, so I guess we'll have to do another update sooner rather than later. 


Lucy is such a spitfire girl. She is very opinionated and isn't swayed by bribes, consequences, or anything alike. She knows what she wants.


She is at such a fun age for learning! She seems to have grown up a lot in the past couple of months and she can communicate much better now. When she first started saying a whole sentence, each word was short and separated from the others like it took all her effort to string them together. But now the flow is much better and I am surprised at the things that she says or repeats.

{princess shifty-eyes} 

One of her favorite books for several months now is Jesus' Christmas Party--seriously buy it, it's one of my favorite books too--every time there is a "knock at the door" I will knock on something, so Lucy will stand up from my lap, walk over and knock on something hard too. It takes forever to get through the book this way since there is knocking on almost every page haha. When we read "round the back" Lucy yells it, and she has a loud voice to begin with. It's hilarious. She kept screaming "ROUND THE BACK" during sacrament meeting in church one time and that was less hilarious. 


I don't know where she learned it, but Lucy won't eat the crusts on her bread. It's so funny since no one else does it around here. She is a good eater though. She'll almost always at least try something before deciding not to eat it, so I try really hard to make sure she will like it so I can slowly introduce more foods to her.


She is such a messy eater. We had her in a booster with a tray attachment, but after a friend suggested taking the tray off and putting her at the table instead, it has made a huge difference. I didn't ever really notice how low the tray was, and so the distance the spoon was having to go meant a lot more spilling. She is still really messy, but I think it's easier for her to control her utensils now. 


She recently started saying "I wuv you" without being prompted and I melt into goo every time. 
I often catch her singing to herself and it's so cute to hear her voice. She sings I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus a lot. She'll sing other random songs we listen to on the radio or ipod--Come Sail Away by Styx, and Only Exception by Paramore are a couple of them haha--and lots of Primary Songs. She'll start singing the ABCs and when she gets to the end, she'll sing "now I know my ABCs....hijklmnop.." And continue to start the loop over again so it never ends. 


She likes to honk everyone's noses after I let her do it to me one time. So now sometimes she will switch off with Norah honking each other's noses for a good five minutes. 

Lucy LOVES Jane. Every time she sees her she has to be near her, touching her, squishing her, tickling her, whatever. Except she isn't very soft so I try and keep her from deflating poor little Jane into a version of Flat Stanley. She loves to get up in her face and say, "Janie Janie Janie Janie Janie Jane! She also is good at reminding me to do tummy time for Jane and will constantly roll her from tummy to back to tummy again. 

{Jane looks slightly horrified that I let Lucy hold her. It is a regular request}

{'tickle tickle tickle tickle'}

Whenever Norah or I finish using the bathroom, Lucy will say "my turn uh-potty!" Every single time. So I've asked her a couple times if she wants to sit on the toilet, but she always says no. And I am completely fine with that. I don't really mind changing diapers, and I don't think she is old enough/ready anyway. Plus I'm lazy. I am glad she is taking an interest though, I'm just trying to build positive thoughts and excitement about the potty for right now. 

{I spy a "bear bottom"} 

Lucy loves Ryan and always wants a hug and kiss before he leaves in the morning. She will constantly ask for him while he is at work and if we ever Face time him, she asks him to hold her. When she wants to be held, she'll say, "holdmeholdmeholdmeholdmeholdme!"


Norah's princess mania has rubbed off on Lucy (as well as the bug and spider fear) and so she loves to play dress up too. 

{first pigtails due to lack of hair}

I mentioned in this post how Lucy climbed out of her crib a couple of times, but I thought it was a fluke. Well, it didn't take much longer for her to figure out how to do it unassisted. One night she kept climbing out over and over and she and Norah would both waddle into our room to prove that we couldn't keep them contained. So I just took off the front rail of the crib again and kept telling them to stay in their room. At one point, Lucy was climbing on top of the dresser still playing and enjoying her independence even after Norah was getting tired and laying down. 
Ryan went to get them in the morning since he heard Lucy crying, but when he walked in their room, he didn't see Lucy on the bed. Then he spotted her little legs sticking out from under the bed. She must have slept under there the whole night and then couldn't get out haha. 

{Since I put Lucy down in Jane's crib for naps, she doesn't even try to climb out. Thank goodness!}

Since putting Norah and Lucy in the same room, they take much longer to settle down and go to sleep. There are several times that we've gone in after hearing Lucy cry or getting into things that we know she shouldn't and we find her standing there with her Jammies puddled at her feet and a princess dress tangled around her head and arms. She just doesn't know how to handle the freedom and will take advantage of easy access to toys after bedtime, even if Norah is sound asleep and it's completely dark in the room. I guess it's fostering a good sense of independent play, but that girl certainly keeps our lives entertaining!

{sleeping hard on her blanket}

She has eczema down her back and it has been nearly impossible to keep her from itching. Every time we change her diaper she will try and itch and say, "itchy bum!"
Whenever we drive over the railroad tracks a few blocks from our house she repeats over and over, "Careful, Dad!"
If she likes when we do something like tickle her, she will say, "Do-d-d-d again!"


This strong-willed girl brings a lot of energy to our family and we love her so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment