Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Has Sprung

I'm not exaggerating when I say that the tree and bush in our backyard seemed to bloom overnight! Although today was overcast, it was the perfect weather. We stayed out for nearly two hours while Jane napped (I couldn't believe she slept that long. Cheers!). 



Norah loves dressing herself now. She will change outfits at LEAST three times a day. She loves pulling out her dresses and rotating through all of them, but her very favorite one is her "purple polka-dot" one. It's always a sad day when it is in the wash (also, confession: I may hide it on occasion since it's a little too 'fancy' for every day use. Shh shh shh shh shh!)


We've been trying to practice letter recognition for a long time, but I haven't been as dedicated as I probably should be. We've been working on writing her name and so far she has the 'O' down! *high five! ;)

I mentioned in my last post that Norah has developed a phobia of bath time. She was genuinely scared for her life when I tried to bathe her today, even after we allowed her to bathe without Lucy (for fear that she would pull up the shower lever). I hope it's just a phase and that it is over soon!

Norah has been using her Ok to Wake Toddler Clock very successfully. If she wakes up before the light turns green during nap time then she has to stay in her room and play. Yesterday after she had been playing happily for a while, I went in to find that she had drawn with crayons all over her bed frame. sigh. She helped me scrub it off, and luckily it was an easy task, but now she can't have crayons out for after nap play time. So she was pretty thrilled when she found a rogue piece of chalk to play with. Her face stayed orange all the way until dinner time.


Lucy's vocabulary has taken off the past few weeks. She can say 2, 3, even 4 word sentences sometimes, which is adorable and really exciting because I'm hoping it will help her better communicate with other kids. 

Her go-to fighting tactic is hair pulling. It's not uncommon that I will hear Norah screaming and rush in to find that Lucy has a handful of hair. 

She is still obsessed with her coat that Aunt Janel gave to her when she last visited. It really wasn't necessary to wear a coat, but she did not want to take it off! *Notice she isn't wearing shoes though. Haha


Her favorite song right now is "I am a Child of God" and she will always request it for her bedtime song. It's adorable when she tries to sing along. 
She loves having a couple stuffed animals in bed with her and always wants to hold them all (as well as her sippy) when she first lays down for bed. Unfortunately, she is a urinating wonder, and wets through her diaper almost every night, so we have to do a lot of washing around here. The average diaper weighs the same as 4 sippy cup fulls...so it's not really adding up. ;)

Lucy is so snuggly. After playing outside for a while she wanted me to hold her. She kept hugging and patting my back and then pulling back to smile and me. We kept this up for a good ten minutes. My favorite is when she says. "ah wuv you". 


The fresh air rejuvenated me and I was able to survive another day. So so happy that we made it to Spring, it can only get better from here.

1 comment:

  1. Cute swinging pictures. Those are hard to get so clear, so way to go. :) And I'm glad she's learning to talk. It helps so much when they do. I still don't always understand Phoebe and it's so frustrating when I can't. Glad you got a day outside! :)

    ReplyDelete