Wednesday, March 16, 2016

National Pi{e} Day!

We celebrated pi day with the rest of the country on Monday, but because my computer was being a diva, I couldn't post until now. 

The girls were ecstatic to help me make pie and pizza for dinner. We went with a strawberry pie recipe that I learned from Ryan's mom, which has become a favorite. 
A soon as I told Norah we were planning to make a pie together, she made sure she wore her little apron. I had made it for her Red Riding Hood Halloween Costume, but ended up not even using it, so now she uses it to cook in.


I let them hack at the strawberries for a while, until they deemed the work too hard and had me do it instead while they not so sneakily swiped handfuls upon handfuls to eat. 


Norah: "Okay, just one more strawberry, mom!" **proceeds to grab two handfuls and frantically devours them before I can even blink.

No sooner had I cut up a mound of strawberries, than they disappeared into hungry little mouths. It's a good thing I had another carton on hand! ;)


The royal taste tester wasn't impressed with the tart flavor.


They were all about deciphering what the recipe said. 
Norah: "Okay, let's see what the recipe says next...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!



Stirring was their favorite part, especially since they could sneak in some licks every now and again. 


Lucy was mad that I would't let her smoosh the pie a third time. And Norah looks like she wants to marry the thing.


While the pie settled in the fridge (for waaay too long in Norah's opinion), we got started on the pizza. Poor Lucy was practically withering away at that point and kept pinching off pieces of dough to eat, again trying to do it without getting caught.



The girls thought the pizza was also taking too long to bake, so they tried to pass the time by stacking chairs by the side door and watching for daddy. Unfortunately, they both wanted to be on the same chair, which resulted in a crash and two screaming kiddos. Daddy came to the rescue just moments later. 


But the pizza and pie fixed everything. :)) 
It was a fun day and I had such cute little helpers.



2 comments:

  1. That's a cute picture of Ryan with all three girls. What a good daddy!
    And you are seriously HILARIOUS. I love your blog. What a fun mom you are. :) P.s. I'm impressed they love strawberries. My kids have issues when it comes to them. I think they are too sour for their liking. They definitely didn't get that from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They will go through a whole carton of strawberries in one sitting but they won't have anything to do with bananas!

      Delete