Saturday, January 30, 2016

Toddlers in Real Life

Winter really gets me down, and with a newborn around, there are times when I go days without stepping a toenail outside. I've had the TV on way too much lately, and because Jane takes a ridiculous amount of time to settle down and fall asleep for naps (ugh), I often leave Norah and Lucy upstairs watching Mother Goose Club (double ugh)--which makes me feel really guilty.

I remember using shaving cream to "clean" the tables in my mom's preschool when I was little and loving it, so I decided to cut down on brain-frying TV and buy a couple of 88 cent cans of shaving cream for the girls to play with while I was preoccupied with a crying baby.

I broke it out for a test run to see how they would like it. What I thought would be a 15 minute activity turned into a 2 minute lets-lather-each-other-up-as-much-as-we-can-so-mom-lets-us-play-in-the-bathtub activity. Nevertheless, they were pretty stinking cute.

This was right after Norah came and smeared a big handful over Lucy's mouth.





Good thing I stripped them down first! ;)


Clean up time! They got the bath they were hoping for. How could I resist such brown eyes? 



Next activity to try out is finger paints, which may not be quite as easy to wipe clean again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh mama. Life with little ones. One of our best solutions last winter when Austin was a baby and Lydia was going stir crazy was to take finger paints INTO the bathtub. I let her paint to her hearts content (on the tub, on the wall, on herself) and then I just turned on the water and washed it all away. We did that SO many days. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is a great idea! I bought some finger paints the other day but haven't broken then out yet. We are definitely doing that.

      Delete