Friday, January 8, 2016

Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam!

This past Sunday was the first time we had gone to our ward in two months. We were plagued with sickness for a couple weeks in the beginning of November and then once Jane was born, all church-going aspirations flew out the window. So after several weeks absence I was really ready to get back to church and start the year off right. It would be Norah's first day in primary as a sunbeam, Lucy's first day in Nursery, my first day in relief society since being released as a primary teacher, and Jane's first day, period. Ryan's dad was in town for the weekend, so he helped us manage the first hour of sacrament meeting, which meant taking turns walking the halls with Norah and Lucy after all the snacks were gone and the toys had been exhausted. 


After the hour, Ryan took Lucy to nursery, and I took Norah and Jane to primary. Norah's arms and my leg suddenly became Velcro'd together, so we all sat towards the back until she felt more comfortable. I was able to convince her to try and sit with her class, but she kept turning around and checking to see if I was still there. Then she started smiling and waving occasionally, which would turn into her running back every few minutes to give me a hug or a kiss on the cheek before running back to her seat. It was so adorable that I didn't mind at all staying and watching, but then about 5 minutes later, she got up and yelled to me, "Mom, you can go now. I'll be fine!" So I took the hint and gave her some space. I peaked on Ryan and Lucy in Nursery and wished I could have been in there too, but Ryan took lots of pictures and gave me a full account afterwards so I didn't feel so left out. 


We're working on the whole biting issue, hence the reason Ryan stayed with her the whole time.


Snack time


She was getting sleepy towards the end.


I failed to take any pictures of Norah during sharing time, but here is an after shot!



Overall, it was a successful first day back to church, and I'm glad the new transitions haven't been too hard. 

2 comments:

  1. HAHAH. "Her legs and my leg suddenly got velcroed together." Hilarious. And I love that she yelled at you to tell you to leave. So cute! Glad it went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post cracked me up! I laughed out loud when you wrote that she yelled that it was okay to leave her, she would be fine! So funny and adorable! The pictures of Lucy are classic! So cute! I love you and your cute, little family!
    1

    ReplyDelete