Saturday, October 24, 2015

35 Weeks Developing in The Darkroom

The beginning of this week began with some very uncomfortable Braxton Hicks bringing me to a quick realization that this baby is going to be here before we know it!

This pregnancy has felt so much easier than my other two mostly because I'm still not nearly as swollen which means I haven't had to deal with carpel tunnel in both of my wrists--probably the worst side effect I experienced before. I can even wear my wedding ring still, whereas I had to wait several weeks after delivery with my other two before my fingers were deflated enough to even think about squeezing it back on. 


I have been really nervous about labor and delivery this time around since Lucy's delivery was too fast to be medicated. So I talked to my doctor about my options as far as getting an epidural, and he said we could do a spinal block instead. So we'll see what happens, but if this delivery is as fast as Lucy's then we better be camping out at the hospital for the next month. ;)

Norah is so excited to have another baby, and still talks about it almost every day. I think she's getting to the age where she will love having a tiny baby to hold and cuddle. Lucy, on the other hand, will have to be watched closely! 

We're so excited (and nervous) to add another sweet girl to our family, and I'm so excited to not be pregnant anymore! Yay!


2 comments:

  1. My second baby was a little like Lucy... I got to the hospital at an 8 and was at a 10 by the time the anesthesiologist showed up ten minutes later! I am so interested to hear how it goes for you. I have similar concerns for when we get to our third. I'm thinking maybe I'll just try to do birthing classes and embrace the unmediated labor? Ha. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is super fast! Were you able to get your epidural then? I also thought about just going unmedicated with this one so I don't have to worry about being unprepared, but man, when I remember what it felt like I get so scared! We'll probably just wing it! haha

      Delete