Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Boy Who Lived

Some of my earlier memories are of my dad reading Harry Potter to us while laying in bed. It's always had a special spot in my heart, so we made sure to celebrate Harry's birthday yesterday, glasses and all.



Last month I finished rereading the whole series for the first time in 10 years so it was almost like reading it for the first time since I had forgotten so much. 


 These girls just crack me up. 
They were both ecstatic when Ryan got home and they got to show him their costumes.


I had a great plan to recreate Harry's birthday cake from the first movie, but after the cake refused to be removed from the pan, we decided to just forgo the round cake and pink frosting, and just went with this beauty. It still looks pretty Hagrid-y, don't you think? ;)


We sang and everything with Norah doing the honors of blowing out the candles.
Too bad the ending has a sad story since she absolutely refused to eat dinner and gave up her chance to have some cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment