Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Boo to The Flu


I think one struggle a lot of parents have is getting their kids to eat enough fruits and vegetables. Lucy is a great eater, for the most part, but I struggle getting Norah to eat veggies unless it's from a pouch, and 92¢ really adds up after buying approximately 786 pouches from Walmart. So I started making my own pureed veggies for both of the girls. I usually make a big batch and freeze part of the containers until we go through the ones in the fridge. Well, I had thawed out some broccoli and carrot puree for Lucy to eat, but it had been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days and it was looking a little questionable to me. I smelled it and decided it was fine, and Lucy ate the whole container without any complaints so I gave myself a pat on the back for getting her to eat some vegetables. ha.
ANYWAY, the next day Lucy snubbed most food that was offered to her and was fussy/clingy all day. So I started suspecting that perhaps the broccoli was bad after all. But now that we've had several vomit/diarrhea episodes since then, I just blame it on the stomach flu. 

Every morning since Sunday, we've gone into her room to find (dried) throw up covering her crib and yet she has been perfectly content to wait for us to come get her. Despite how awful she must feel, she has still had such a sweet demeanor.


Happily playing in the bath for clean up.

Whether it actually was the baby food that triggered this or not, I think I'll err on the side of safety next time the broccoli looks suspicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment