Friday, February 20, 2015

Farewell to Dallin

This last Sunday was my sweet little brother's farewell talk in sacrament meeting. He received his mission call a few months ago and was assigned to serve in the Sao Paulo South mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil! We were all pretty excited when we heard he was going to learn Portuguese since Brooklyn recently returned from her mission in Portugal. 


Dallin's talk was so beautiful and made me one proud older sister. He focused on becoming like Christ and one part that I really loved is when he said we should 'lift up the arms of those which hang down' as Christ would have done. It was amazing to watch him up there and see how old and mature he has become. 

The siblings present for the farewell. Brooklyn, Dallin, me, Danika, Taylor
Whenever I would come over with the girls and Dallin was the only one around, he would be so willing to help me with them and make sure I got them back in the car before heading back home. He was also the one who spent several hours (along with my dad) helping me refinish those old dressers last year while I was way too pregnant to be doing such a thing. And he also gave up a Friday night (and plans for a movie) to help us move when we became desperate for assistance (again, I was swollen from head to toe with pregnancy). But really, Dallin is such a hard worker and will be such an amazing missionary. We sure love him!


Wednesday, the 18th, I took the girls down to my parents' house for some breakfast crepes for Dallin's last day. Norah went and played in the preschool (which she loves) while I chatted in the kitchen with my dad, Danika, and Dallin. 


 The time then came for our final goodbyes. Dallin was so sweet with the girls, it made me want to cry. I later learned, from my mom, that just before these pictures, Dallin was worried that he was going to be late getting to the MTC, but I had absolutely no idea that he may have been stressed because he was perfectly calm and patient for pictures and took the time to say goodbye to all of us, even if that meant being a little behind schedule. 


Lucy will be over 2.5 years old by the time Dallin comes home. Ryan's brother is out on his mission right now and Norah was just under a year when he left, but we've been showing her pictures of him so she knows who he is when he gets back this Fall. We will be sure to do that with Dallin's picture. :) 


Ryan had to work that morning so he already said his goodbyes on Sunday, but I am so glad we made the drive down to see him one last time. We love Dallin and are so excited to hear all about his experiences as a missionary! 






1 comment: