Friday, December 12, 2014

They See Me Rollin'

For the past few months, this girl thought it was really fun to take naps no longer than 30 minutes so she could distract me while I was supposed to be working on homework. She has been sleeping great at night, but naps were quite the struggle.


Just this week, as I was putting her down for a nap, apparently she was still wide awake and decided to do a little experimenting. Rolling onto her tummy is her new favorite activity. Lucky for me, this translates into longer naps! 


A soon as I lay her down, she will flip over and be zonked out after playing for a few minutes. Now that school is almost over I can see myself actually squeezing a nap in myself if I need to:))


The only downside to this whole thing is that it has been affecting her night sleep the past couple of days. She will start screaming and crying once she has flipped to her tummy at night.
Go in and rock her for a bit until she calms down. 
Put her in the crib on her back. 
Immediately she rolls over onto her tummy. Cry! 
Start the whole process over again until I give up and put her in the swing. 
Then she will wake up early every morning instead of sleep in like a nice girl like she usually does.


 At least I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel now. I was beginning to accept that 30 minutes was the only amount of time given to me to have a potty break, shower (yes, I do shower..sometimes), do homework, procrastinate homework by browsing pinterest for way too long, etc. But now I can see that I'll have much more time to do those things, especially the latter as school is quickly coming to an end!!!

Isn't she so considerate? Love this girl. :))


1 comment:

  1. I love your posts, you wonderful, amazing mama! Your cute kids make me baby hungry:)

    ReplyDelete