Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pretty in Pink, Sweet Through & Through, Our Little Norah is Turning Two!

Today we celebrated Norah's birthday with a "pretty in pink" party! I probably went overboard, but I like doing stuff like this so it was a win win! We hung this wreath on the front door so the guests knew they were about to enter into the presence of a princess. My mom made this adorable scrapbook page with the invitations we sent out. 


Brooklyn helped me put everything together by spending the night at our place to finish up baking food and then decorating this morning!


I had a one of Norah's pink tutus and put it around a hat box to display her pictures I took of her for her birthday. The cupcakes sat on a little stand I glued together using clear plates and candlesticks from the dollar store! And the poofy thing was an old craft that I made for Norah's room.


Sparkly cupcakes!


My mom had these cute glass jars she used for my sister, Katelyn's wedding so I borrowed them to put our chocolate covered pretzels in them (which took FOREVER to make, by the way haha).




I used this template for the cake and iced it with extra frosting from the cupcakes. 



Posing with her cake. We forgot to light the candle and have her blow it out. We didn't even sing happy birthday to her. Haha oh well.


I admit, I was pretty proud of how it turned out. It was so fun to plan and put all these pink things together while Norah is still too young to possibly oppose pink and girly things. ;)


Ryan's parents came down for the weekend to celebrate with us. It was so fun having them here. Norah is so lucky to have such great grandparents who dote over her. She LOVED the portable chalkboard bag they gave her as her present. 


My cousin and her family were living with my parents for a little while until they found a place for themselves. They have a little daughter who is the same age as Norah (which automatically makes them besties) and they are SOOO cute together. This is Norah giving Adalyn a hug after opening their cute gift for her. So sweet:))


There were so many people there who love Norah. I think she felt very special on her day. We have been talking about her birthday party all week! 


I love this picture of Norah and my two nieces. They are so sweet with her.


Some of my friends came to the party as well and it was SO fun seeing them and laughing until my stomach hurt (and until I literally lost my voice for probably the rest of the weekend). Love this group of people.


I love this little family of mine and I am so glad that Ryan supports me in planning stuff like this and spending way too much time crafting. We both love our sweet girls, even when they won't smile for pictures! ;)


It was such a fun fun day. So fun that Norah didn't get a chance to take a nap at all. You'd better believe we were trying everything to calm her troubled soul as we drove back home.
Do you wanna listen to The Lollipop song?
NO (tears, tears, cry, cry)
Rockabye Baby?
NOOOO (cryyyy)
The Wheels on The Bus?
NOOOoooo (scream)
Billie Jean??
...........yes.




2 comments:

  1. The party was a great success! Good food and awesome company! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! You did a great job! I'm glad there are people like you that like planning stuff like this, so people like me don't have to. Hahaha. It turned out super super cute! Glad you had tons of fun too!!!

    ReplyDelete