Thursday, October 30, 2014

4 months, check!


 This cute little snug bug just turned four months this week! On Monday, I took her in for her doctor check up and immunizations. She is growing right along at 15 lbs (92nd percentile) and 24.5 inches (72nd percentile)!

Her sleeping habits were fairly good except bedtime and middle of the night. When we would put her down for bed she would either scream and cry right when I put her down, or she would wake up 30-60 minutes later and start screaming and crying. Then she would usually wake once in the middle of the night. I was exhausted and so ready for some sleep which is why I have been so ecstatic that I've been getting some real sleep the past three days. 


The trick? We stopped swaddling her. Now she can soothe herself by sucking the life out of her little fingers. Although she looks so snuggly and cute in her little swaddle wrap, I am so glad that we don't have to swaddle anymore and she is finally going to sleep on her own (and staying asleep!).


The past few weeks have been so fun since Lucy discovered she can make the cutest little noises and squeals. She loves sitting in her bouncy and squealing! One time at 4am I woke up to her talking and babbling for about thirty minutes. If I wasn't so darn tired at the time I probably would have thought it was adorable.


Here she is, just enjoying life:

video

Norah has gotten SO much better with Lucy. She will very rarely hit Lucy on purpose and loves to hold her, even if it's only for a few seconds. Every morning when I get Norah up from her crib she says, "See Lucy now." It's so sweet:)


We sure love our little snuggie!



1 comment:

  1. So sweet! She's adorable!!!! And I'm glad Norah is loving her more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete