Saturday, September 27, 2014

Nesting: DIY Nursery pt. 1

When I was pregnant with Norah, I was taking a full load of classes as well as working part time. In other words, I had no time to make a cute little nursery for her before she arrived. In fact, the day after we came back from our Utah visit during Thanksgiving, I planned to clean out her room and get it organized. I thought I had plenty of time (2 weeks) before she was supposed to arrive. However, she was insistent on coming that very day, which meant I wasn't able to get her room ready. Fast forward 18 months and I was getting ready to have baby number 2! But this time around I had finished the semester 2.5 months prior to her arrival and was determined to have everything ready with no surprises. I don't remember "nesting" very much with Norah, but once school was out for me this last April, I was on full blown creation/cleaning mode.
I spent unspeakable amounts of time on pinterest searching for cute ideas for nurseries, and more importantly, how to make them myself so I wouldn't be spending $7000000000000000 on a room that probably wouldn't even be remembered. And since Norah never got a cutesy little room, I got crazy and decided I wanted to not only make a cute room for the baby, but also redo Norah's room as well. SO! Without further ado, I present Norah's new nursery (beware, I got carried away with taking pictures):















Sources: 

Crib: Walmart
Dresser: DIY Refurbished
Curtains: DIY, Tanya Whelan Rose discount fabric from fabric.com
Three Little Bears Picture: Gift from my mom
Rose Music Box: 8th birthday gift (aren't you impressed it's still intact?)
Cupcake Liner Pom Pom: DIY, inspiration and tutorial here
Open Design Frame: Hobby Lobby during 50% week
Brown Wooden Frames: Walmart
Giant Stuffed Dog: Costco on clearance
Crib Bumper & Ruffle Skirt: Hand-me-down
Crib sheet: DIY, tutorial here, fabric from Joann.com
Minky Pillow & Blanket: DIY, minky fabric found at Hobby Lobby, cotton fabric leftover from curtains.
Blessing Dress: Mine as a baby
Collection of Dr. Seuss Books: Yard sale!

It was so fun putting her room together and it's one of my favorite rooms in the house. I love how soft and girly it feels, but not too overwhelming. I felt like I would never be able to make a cute nursery without breaking the bank, but most of the stuff I either already had or was able to make myself for pretty cheap! 
In my next post I am going to be showing off Lucy's room! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment