Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Living With a Toddler & a Newborn

So it turns out that having two babies to take care of is just a little bit harder than having one. Who would've thought. Poor Norah is used to going outside a lot and taking walks, but since I've been in zombie mode it has been hard to motivate myself to put pants on, let alone go outside. So we've been trying out different activities around the house in the meantime.


I saw this idea and had to try it with Norah. I already had contact paper lying around so I just taped some on our coffee table with the sticky side facing up and let her stick toys on it. It didn't entertain her nearly as much as I thought it would, but I left it on there in hopes that she can entertain herself with it while I feed Lucy.


This activity has been fun. I pulled out our colander and some pipe cleaners for her to stick through the holes. She loves activities like this so, again, I've just kept it out and lying around the kitchen floor. 


And of course, we've been watching some Barney. I probably shouldn't admit to how much we've been watching, but it keeps her entertained since they sing a lot of songs.

Overall Norah has done really well with Lucy. She will ask to hold her every once in a while and give her kisses goodnight. Now we just need to figure out how to keep her out of the baby sleeper...


5 comments:

  1. Paxton loves Barney too and my whole family made fun of me that I show it to him. I like it. :) But she is cute! What a good mom you are! I hope things are going alright! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I hope it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog, Hannah! You are such an amazing mom. I can't wait to meet little Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are WAY ahead of most moms-look! you are taking pics and writing this blog for us all to enjoy! And I see keeping your floor clean!! Give yourself a huge pat on the back Miss Hannah!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete