Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2 Weeks!

Our sweet little Lucy girl had her two week appointment a couple of days ago and she is growing like a champ! Her birthweight was 6 lbs. 4 oz. and when they measured her at the office she was already up to 7 lbs. 5 oz. I wanted to get some pictures of her while she is still tiny but wasn't able to get any professional ones done so I attempted to take some myself. Taking pictures of a newborn looks so easy, but it was quite a challenge getting her into any sort of position I liked. I did, however, manage to get a few that I like. 


When Norah was born a friend from one of my classes gave me this cute gray and yellow headband. I love it and now have pictures of both girls wearing it. :)


I love the smell of her new skin. I could sit and smell it all day.


Lucy has really long fingers and toes. I don't know where she got it from because it certainly wasn't from me--mine are more squashed and square--and Ryan doesn't have particularly gangly limbs either. 


Trying to get pictures of her sleeping was sort of a joke. I was able to get this one just before she woke up from her nap. I tried to unwrap her slowly so I could get a couple cute naked ones, but she wouldn't have any of that. 


This is as close as it gets to a sleeping naked baby. I had Ryan hold her in his hands. 


I love these two pictures of Norah and Lucy. Norah seems so HUGE in comparison.


Lucy has been such a joy to have these past two weeks. It certainly hasn't been very easy--I've shed more tears than a menopausal woman watching Titanic--BUT, I think we are starting to adjust and I wouldn't change it:) We sure love this sweet new baby girl.


3 comments:

  1. I think they look so great! She IS so tiny. After the first one I cried ALL the time. I recently found a text on my hubbys phone from my mom- it was something like "Can you get groceries? I can't leave right now because Summer is crying again." Ha. And that was just one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! I love the ones of her and Norah together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAHAHA. You. Are. Hilarious. I love you. And miss you. I'm coming back to visit in 2 weeks and would love to come see you! Seriously. And when I got home from the hospital I BAWLED, with guests over, because I was SO scared to be alone with the two kids with Trevor going to work the next day. Luckily Trevor got the hint and got someone to cover his shift the next day so I wouldn't be home alone the very first day home. And I remember how BIG Paxton's butt and head felt after just holding Phoebe mostly while in the hospital. Haha. They are ADORABLE though. Norah is so cute and sweet with cute Lucy. And you did a very nice job on those pictures! Way to go! I love them!

    ReplyDelete