Friday, November 1, 2013

Norah's First Halloween

Yesterday, Norah and I went to preschool for our Halloween party! Everyone dressed up, but since we didn't really prepare enough beforehand, my mom lent me the Snow White costume and I swiped the little pumpkin suit from the stash of my childhood costumes. We be cute!


Ryan and I really dropped the ball with planning some costumes, but when it came down to it, we really wanted to go to our ward party dressed up festive-like. So we threw together some things from D.I. grabbed some Harry Potter robes and went as the trio--Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley, of course! Even though we had tried to dye Ryan's hair red and put freckles on his cheeks (clearly a Weasley), everyone kept assuming that we were dressed as Harry's parents. Obviously they had never read/watched Harry Potter since *spoiler alert* his parents are dead. Nevertheless, we had a great time showing Norah the ropes of trick-or-treating.


She was clearly into this candy business.



It was so fun to get out and then go home and plunge into the basket of candy. We only had one family of trick-or-treaters come to our apartment (which we figured would be the case), so we just let them choose from our own candy winnings instead of going out and buying a whole bag dedicated to trick-or-treaters. Haha!

I think we made for a pretty cute Harry Potter trio. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment